Are you a veterinarian looking to change the focus and landscape of your work?
Are you seeking a role that will allow you to support One Health focused companion animal management programs, while working in genuine partnership with remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities?
AMRRIC is seeking to engage a keen individual to their team in the role of Program Manager Operational Delivery, to assist the leadership team with management of our busy program schedule, coordinating and fulfilling field-based veterinary programs in remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. Position available for immediate start.
AMRRIC (Animal Management in Rural and Remote Indigenous Communities Ltd) is an established, national not-for-profit organisation based in Darwin. Our small team of dedicated staff deliver a diverse range of programs covering community and animal health and welfare, education and training, academic research, strategic planning and advocacy. We work with remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to improve the health of their pets, helping to create healthier, safer and happier communities.
This role will work, ideally based in Darwin, with the support of an office-based part-time Program Manager, to coordinate and participate in the delivery of AMRRIC’s veterinary programs. The role will provide you with:
• Unique travel opportunities with professional, enthusiastic and like-minded people
• Meaningful engagements with stakeholders, including valuing cross-cultural exchange through relationships with communities and their residents.
• Office-based Mon-Fri hours, when not travelling.
• Attractive salary package conditions including 5 weeks annual leave, salary sacrifice.
• A supportive and encouraging environment for individual and team-based professional development.
Our ideal candidate will be flexible, a strong communicator with sound organisational skills and the confidence to lead a dynamic programs team; will possess the relevant qualifications, registrations and experience to oversee a professional veterinary service delivery program supported by an extensive remote veterinary clinical guide and equipment to provide best practice delivery to remote communities; and will have great interpersonal skills including being adaptable to overcome challenges as they arise.
AMRRIC is privileged to be immersed in work that values and celebrates Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, and is committed to facilitating pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as part of our commitment to reconciliation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Range and other package conditions are available in the position description.
To obtain a copy of the position description including the outline of selection criteria and key responsibilities for the position please download below.
• Applications must directly address each of the selection criteria in the Position Description to be considered.
• Use each criterion as a heading and limit your responses to each to less than 250 words.
• It is acceptable to include dot points as part of your responses.
Applications including your CV and responses to selection criteria can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Program Manager Recruitment
Applications close midnight Sunday 19th March 2023.